Thesis introduction is the first part of a thesis paper. Thesis introduction allows the readers to get the general idea of what your thesis is about. Thesis introduction acquaints the readers with the thesis paper topic, explaining the basic points of the thesis research and pointing the direction of your research.
Thesis introduction has to contain the following information:
- The thesis paper topic;
- The reasons which pushed a student to write his or her thesis paper exactly on this topic;
- The thesis topic preface, or the background information on the thesis paper topic;
- The goals you are going to achieve;
- The tasks to complete in order to attain the goals, or the direction of the thesis research development;
Remember that your thesis introduction has to contain all the information presented above. But it is not enough just to know the components of the thesis introduction if you want to succeed in thesis paper writing. You also have to know several secrets of the thesis introduction writing. We will tell you these secrets, so that you could prepare a brilliant thesis introduction.
- You should write your thesis introduction after composing the entire thesis paper. It will allow you to analyze the whole work, and discover the best way to introduce your thesis to the readers.
- You should not use any terms in your thesis introduction, since it can baffle the readers. You should present the terms related to the topic of your thesis paper only in the main body of the thesis paper.
- Try to use simple language within your thesis introduction.
- Remember that one of the main tasks of the thesis introduction is to attract the readers’ attention to your thesis paper.
If you read and learn this article, you will easily compose your thesis introduction.