A High School book report is a kind of academic paper where a writer should tell what a book is about. It means that a writer of this High School book report should be more descriptive rather than persuasive.
What is the purpose of a High School book report?
When writing a High School book report, you learn to think deeply, analyzing the books read and presenting your understanding.
What is the format of High School book reports?
Different schools have different requirements for a book report format. The most commonly known High School book report formats are APA and MLA.
High School book report template:
If you do not know how to structure your High School book report, the template given below will help you. The structure presented below is the most general one:
This part of High School book reports presents the most general information on the book:
- Publication information;
- 1-2 sentences-long Introduction to your book report.
- What is the book about?
- What do you think about the book?
- Is the writing effective, powerful, difficult, or beautiful?
- What are the strong and weak points of the book?
- Did its author achieve his/her purpose?
- Do you agree with the author’s point of view? Why?
- What is your impression from the book? Is it interesting, moving, or boring?
- Your recommendations.
Pull your thoughts together and make a brief conclusion.