Essay writing is one of the most common assignments students should perform. The types of essay are very different and it may be a bit frustrating to switch over from one type to another, especially, if you used to write long essays and, suddenly, you have to write a short one, like 1 page essay, for example.
What can be easier than a 1 page essay? Actually, it is not so easy task as it seems and you can meet considerable difficulties while working on your 1 page essay. What are the rules of writing a 1 page essay?
- The first difficulty related to the 1 page essay writing is that you will be limited with only one page and it will be your major challenge.
- Those limits disable you to express all your ideas. So, you will have to be very specific and choose the most significant ideas that will present your argument in a 1 page essay.
- If you want to complete your 1 page essay successfully, follow the next rules that will help you to write a good 1 page essay.
- Write a short and specific introduction with a thesis statement focused on the topic of your work.
- Make an outline of the introduction, body and conclusion of the 1 page essay. Try not to be too wordy and select the most important ideas.
- Your introduction should start with an interesting sentence and end up with a thesis statement.
- To introduce each paragraph of the 1 page essay, try to formulate only one sentence. Moreover, as every paragraph should contain a detailed explanation and example, try to choose one or two the most appropriate examples for each one in order to support your idea.
- The summary of a 1 page essay is a reversion of the introductory part and a summary of your essay.
Finally, try to avoid modal verbs and contraction.